Post-op Day 1

Post op day 1 update: I woke up at 5am (and by the way, it was light out!) excited to see with my new eyes. Unfortunately I was still very dilated so it was not much different from when I went to bed. So I went back to sleep. Woke up at 830am and the halos were much better, still there but not as significant, and the dilation was finally starting to wear off. I did not have that "wow!" Moment I read about on all the blogs - my vision was still very blurry. I can get around just fine but can't read anything at a distance and the up close vision was still blurry from the dilation. Went to the day 1 post op appointment which was supposed to just be with the optometrist. Turns out I'm only seeing about 20/80-20/100. She was able to correct me to 20/25 with lenses so she said I needed to see the dr. Dr took some images of both eyes and dilated my right eye again (the one that got the toric lens) to check the positioning. Everything checked out as being in the right spot , but my left eye is a bit swollen. He's figuring that's what's causing the blurred vision in that eye but he's not sure what's causing the near sightedness in the other. He is thinking he may have under corrected it. So he wants to see me again on Monday to give it time for the swelling to all come down and then he will decide what he wants to do. He mentioned LASIK to correct it but that would require coming back to Toronto in a few months. I asked why that was preferred over changing out the lens and he said "if I'm going to change out the lens it would be for a different reason, and That is a possibility. Which is why I want to see you Monday and then I'll know more". He did say if he does have to change out the lens it'll only take a few days for it to come in. I let him know that I didn't have a return flight yet for precisely this reason , and that I really didn't want to leave Toronto until this was settled, and that I wanted to avoid having to come back if at all possible. He said in that case, if I'm flexible on my return date , then he would suggest waiting until I see him Monday before making those plans. His last words before he left was "don't worry , I'm not going to leave you like this". Definitely not the results I was hoping for, but I'm trying to reign in my disappointment and be hopeful that he can fix it (or that it will correct itself). But I can't help but want to go back to bed and hide under the covers until then. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-op Day 2

Post-op Day 0 PM update